RedRock hit a milestone yesterday at 5,000 miles on the odometer. Only happens once…
The event happened on the way to a local Chevrolet dealer, where they were kind enough to download and re-flash the firmware on the MyLink entertainment center. Nothing wrong mind you, I just wanted to make sure we had the latest and greatest. All is good…
While at the dealership, I saw this:
This is the first C6 2016 Camaro I have had a chance to check out up close and personal. Compared to mine, it is a bit smaller, lighter and more “refined’ if you will. It is going to take some time to get used to it.
The magazines say this is an evolution of the concept and not a full re-write. The body is certainly different, take a look at the following photo gallery:
Some thoughts about the new Camaro:
- Sticker on this SS (it was an automatic) was $45,780.
- The interior is very nice indeed. The door cards have a different lighting affair and so do the thresholds. It feels “smaller” inside. Instrumentation and AC vents are completely different. The center console is weird! The lid is narrow and long.
- Front looks nice – I prefer my 2014 better.
- The rear quarter panel looks out of proportion. Probably the least favorite part.
- The lower rear bumper is not as big as the C5 – again I prefer my 2014.
- Finally, the rear fender bulges are different. The C6’s are more “rounded”; I prefer the looks of my 2014.