bowtie6 has now 20,000 miles and counting… Yes indeed!!
Sorry for the crappy quality of picture but it is very accurate. Hard to believe my TR6 has covered 20,000 total miles to date.
So how did we get this far?
- I followed the golden rule and bought the best car I could find. My near pristine 1972 TR6 had been in storage for over a decade and no rust. The purchase price was also great!
- After a 3 year frame-off restoration including a 3.4 litre V6, bowtie6 racked up 14,513 miles.
- Then the original (and highly reinforced) frame failed. Version 2.0 of bowtie6 started.
- A new hand-made frame was made from scratch and a brand new 2.4 litre Ecotec inline four replaced the V6. This took about a year to complete.
- The Ecotec had 8 miles when it met bowtie6. Today, after 20,000 total miles the Ecotec has covered 5,479 miles since installed.
- What a journey! Other than the frame failure nothing but one blown fuse has failed. All I’ve had to do is add fuel and change oil.
And so, the next chapter begins…
For bowtie6 the road goes on and the party never ends!